Sadqah Jariyah; The never-ending reward system in Islam
Islam encourages kindness and acts of humanity by the Muslims who do it with the pure intention of pleasing Allah and getting more rewards for the same. When Allah S.W.T grants someone with wealth and happiness that is more than enough for a fair living, its purpose is to test them with that extra money. That test or responsibility can be fulfilled by a couple of ways suggested and set by Islam in the form of charity, Zakat, and Sadqah. This means that one of the easiest ways to please Allah is donating money to the poor and needy who are also most deserving among the others.
What is Sadqah Jariyah?
Among the other forms of donating money in Islam, Sadqah Jariyah is an act of kindness and generosity that not only benefits the donator but also the people who are in most need of that money or donation. It is also said to be a form of on-going charity which means that the act’s reward does not stop on donating the money but it goes on and on whenever someone benefits from it. Here are some of the examples of Sadqah Jariyah to have a better understanding of the phenomenon set by Allah S.W.T:
- Donating money in the building of a masjid so that whenever people pray inside it, the reward goes to the donator.
- Paying for a child’s education so that they will someday teach others.
- Build a water plant for the underprivileged people so that whenever someone drinks water from it, the reward of the donator increases.
- Gifting someone Quran so that the rewards will be increased every time they read it.
- Plants trees so that whenever someone rests under its shade, the donator also gets to benefit from it.
- Donating a wheelchair to a hospital so that every time someone uses it, the reward goes to the donator.
Benefits of Sadqah Jariyah
As mentioned above, Sadqah Jariyah does not benefit the person/people who make use of the money or thing donated but also the donator who gets to gain rewards for it in this world as well as hereafter. Here are some the benefits of Sadqah Jariyah that are being stated in the light of Islamic quotes and hadiths.
- It is a way of purifying the soul and asking for forgiveness for the sins.
- It does not allow the evil eye’s influence on the donator.
- It will be a great source of relief on the Day of Judgment.
- It is considered to be one of the best ways to help mankind while making way towards obtaining Jannah.
- It is also promised by Allah S.W.T to be a way of increasing wealth.
- It is not necessary to donate Sadqah Jariyah in the form of money.
- It makes the donator peaceful from inside with the thought of helping numerous people with one act of kindness.
Sadqah Jariyah is a foolproof and a tried and tested way of earning rewards even after death. This is why it is strongly promoted in Islam to benefit not only the donator but also the needy.